I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Sam 1:27

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 15 and 16 (the longest day of my life)

After taking the train to Hong Kong we stayed at the airport Mariott.  I did a dance when I went into the room and found they had "American" sized double beds.  We all had a nice bath and rested up for our big flight the next day.


Dec. 31 we took a shuttle to the airport and got on our flight to Hong Kong at 12:50 our time.  It was 11 hrs to San Francisco and the flight was full!  I was in good company having a baby.  Maggie made it with only two melt downs!  We arrived at 8am San Antonio time ready to start the day again (past 12 MN Hong Kong time) and had a 6 hr layover.  We slept in the SF airport and boarded a FULL plane to San Antonio.  Maggie had a meltdown and a couple of poops on this flight creating a comical situation for Shawn and I.  This small plane had one bathroom and no changing station.  Oh goodness!  We made it however and were so happy to be home!  


Maggie is eating our chicken and rice meal.

We had balloons waiting for us!

 Signs too, thank you Tammy!

 Its good to have my baby home!

Thanks to my Dad and wife Nancy and my brother and his family for picking us up!  Also, they set up Maggie's room while we were gone.  (The night before we left we discovered we couldn't use the crib we'd saved all these years as we couldn't find the hardware, we ended up making an online purchase at 9pm)  My parents picked up the crib and assembled it and set up all Maggie's room. 


I thank Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior for giving us the health and life and breath to do this!
I thank Great Wall China Adoption for dedicating their careers to helping make this possible for us and others!
I thank Meghan John and Matthew for coming and for being champions with Maggie and helping us in a thousand ways! 
I thank Helen Wong our guide in China for helping us in above and beyond ways!
I thank everyone who prayed for us and have supported us!


I will continue to post to this blog because it is fun and because Maggie will be having surgeries etc.  



No comments:

Post a Comment